[Please see sample of the requirements for non-immigrant visas or temporary visitor’s visa (9-a)].
- [Please see sample of FA Form No. 2-A for applicants who can come to the Embassy personally to apply for a temporary visitor’s visa (9-a)];
- [Please see sample of FA Form No. 2 for applicants who are unable to personally appear before a Consular Officer to apply for a temporary visitor’s visa (9-a)]; and,
[Please see sample of the Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) set of Forms (Bureau of Philippine Immigration Memo, Affidavit of Request for WEG, Affidavit of Consent and Guaranty, and visa application form (FA Form No. 2-A).
After both parents (of the non-Filipino traveler below 15 years old who is neither accompanied by a parent or not coming to join a parent in the Philippines) completely filled out the required forms for WEG, the following should be submitted along with the filled out forms:
- Copy of the birth certificate of the child;
- Copy of affidavit of support from a relative/person in the Philippines with whom said minor will be staying;
- Copy of the child’s passport;
- Copy of the passport of the accompanying adult or guardian;
- Copy of itinerary of travel or airline tickets of the minor and the accompanying adult or guardian; and,
- Consular fee of C$34.50 for the visa and consular fee of C$28.75 for the affidavit of consent and guaranty.
NOTE: (Please also take note that there is a waiver fee of Philippine pesos 3,500.00 to be paid to Philippine Immigration authorities upon arrival of the minor in the Philippines).
REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS
TEMPORARY VISITOR’S VISA (9-a)
Canadian passport holders visiting the Philippines for business or for pleasure may be permitted to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding twenty-one (21) days provided:
- they have onward or return bookings; and,
- their passports are valid for at least six (6) months beyond their intended length of stay in the Philippines
For all other nationalities, please contact the Embassy at the numbers listed below.
VISA APPLICATION IN PERSON (FA Form No. 2-A)
Canadian passport holders visiting the Philippines for business or for pleasure and intending to stay for more than twenty-one days, should personally apply for a temporary visitor’s visa (9-a) and submit the following:
- duly-accomplished visa application form;
- one (1) passport photo signed at the lower bottom portion;
- copy of return ticket or itinerary or evidence of financial capability for those traveling for pleasure, or a letter of guarantee from the firm sponsoring the trip for those traveling for business;
- visa fee:
- C$34.50 – single entry valid for three (3) months**
- C$69.00 – multiple entry valid for six (6) months**
- C$103.50 – multiple entry valid for one (1) year**
Visa fee is payable in cash, postal money order, certified cheque or cashier’s cheque drawn in favor of the Embassy of the Philippines. Personal cheques are not accepted.
**Period within which the visa may be used. Length of stay for holders of temporary visitor’s visa (9-a) is 59 days. Those whose stay in the Philippines will exceed 59 days must secure an extension of stay from the Bureau of Immigration and pay the required fees.
VISA APPLICATION BY MAIL (FA Form No. 2)
If the applicant is unable to personally appear before a Consular Officer, the visa application (FA Form No. 2) must be duly notarized and submitted with the other requirements. A pre-paid courier envelope (Xpresspost) must be enclosed to ensure the safe return of the applicant’s passport and other documents. The application and supporting documents should be mailed to:
Embassy of the Philippines
130 Albert Street Suite 606
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4
Attention: Consular Section